edit: just finished a meeting with my surgeon. I definitely need open heart, the rate of success is unknown, the repairment surgery is complicated and if it doesn't succeed I'll need a replacement which in itself is another set of problems. 0.5% chance of death, 5% chance of major complications, blah blah blah.
With replacement, I literally only have two shitty choices: mechanical valve, which means I need to take a medication that i'd really not take for the rest of my life; or a biological valve (tissue valve) which needs to be replaced every 1-5 years because I'm too young and my body will reject it faster. Both choices suck. I have no idea which one i should take.
Hating life a liiiitttle bit right now hahaha. just a bit. Very thankful I still have a job and that my government covers medical off-time.
Thank GOD my parents chose to immigrate to Canada. lol.
I can't get my mind off of this anyways so I'm gonna write a journal update for peeps who don't follow my tumblr.
Basically, I had a heart procedure at the end of april, and this procedure was supposed to help widen up my problematic heart valve that was too small (worse case scenario with my heart problem is that i could get a blood clot and a stroke due to that blood clot). They basically inserted a small ballon-like thing into my valve and pumped it up.
So I get the heart procedure done and was told that it worked, it managed to widen my heart valve up to 50% of a normal person's size, and if I'm lucky, it could last up to 5 years. But my doctor got my echo-cardiogram results back last friday and told me today that, basically, my heart valve has decided to fuck me over and has gone back to the size it was before the heart procedure. It didn't even give me two months "orz.
So now I need heart surgery to get my valve repaired. I'm just kind of stressed, really tired (i keep wanting to take naps), and my cardiologist implied that i might get open-heart surgery so that's also freaking me out a little (like why did you say that if your follow-up is "oh, but you should ask your cardiovascular surgeon to be sure"??? "orz plz. no.).
So yeah, haha. Oh, and it's all happening in about a month or two. Doc's suggestin within the next month but we won't know until my surgeon comes back to office next week.
i love this gif though.